Thursday, December 10, 2009

Stewed Prunes with Preserved Kumquat

After I made Stewed Prunes the first time around, I was craving for more a couple days later. That very night, we were also out of oranges and all other citrus fruits. I was determined to make my prunes and I was going to find a companion for them.

Before.


I opened the fridge, searched, and found a jar of preserved kumquat. I was elated. I figured kumquats would work, because they have rinds, pulp, and a sweet taste. Since my mom preserved them in brown sugar, I should have no problem with the taste blending with the prunes.

I followed Molly's recipe again. The only change I made was replacing the citrus with kumquats.

After.

The results were less than stellar. It tasted like boiled prunes. The kumquat didn't give off any flavor. I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing it's because the kumquats didn't have enough juice in them to make an impact on the prunes. I won't try it again with kumquats.

After.

Note: My attempt at plating needs improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails