Basic Pumpkin Cupcakes
from Sally's Baking Addiction
Makes 14 cupcakes
1 3/4 cups (220g) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 heaping tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 cup (100g) dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup (227g) pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk brown sugar and eggs until combined. Add in pumpkin puree, oil, milk, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Divide batter evenly into 14 cups. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make mini cupcakes, bake for 11 minutes.
- To make chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, fold in 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- To frost the cupcakes, use my ginger cream cheese frosting.