Oh my, did it feel GREAT to make a mess in the kitchen. I can't wait to do it again. These cookies are crispy on the edges, chewy, and caramel-ly on the inside. I'm normally not a fan of coconut, but the taste is faint and it adds to the chewy texture.
adapted from Martha Stewart/UseRealButter
Makes 16 cookies
45g shredded coconut (unsweetened)
pinch of salt
6 TBSP unsalted butter
10g maple syrup
1/2 heaping tsp baking soda
3 TBSP boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, coconut, and salt.
- In a pot over low heat, melt butter, honey, and maple syrup.
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda and boiling water. Add to butter and combine.
- Add butter to dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated and moist.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough. Shape into a ball and flatten with palm of hands.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet before moving to cooling rack.