Monday, June 25, 2012

DAMN, Where have you been all my life? [Anzac Biscuits]

To preserve my sanity, I avoided foodgawker and reading my favorite blogs during my sugar challenge. It helped with my urge to bake sweets and once my month ended, I jumped right in and started browsing then this recipe caught my eye. I couldn't do anything, but rush out the door to buy coconut (by the way, it was a 12 block run -- round trip).

Oh my, did it feel GREAT to make a mess in the kitchen. I can't wait to do it again. These cookies are crispy on the edges, chewy, and caramel-ly on the inside. I'm normally not a fan of coconut, but the taste is faint and it adds to the chewy texture.



Anzac Biscuits
adapted from Martha Stewart/UseRealButter

Makes 16 cookies

Ingredients
140g flour
90g oats
165g sugar
45g shredded coconut (unsweetened)
pinch of salt
6 TBSP unsalted butter
10g honey
10g maple syrup
1/2 heaping tsp baking soda
3 TBSP boiling water

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Combine flour, oats, sugar, coconut, and salt.
  3. In a pot over low heat, melt butter, honey, and maple syrup.
  4. In a small bowl, mix baking soda and boiling water. Add to butter and combine.
  5. Add butter to dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated and moist.
  6. Use a tablespoon to scoop dough. Shape into a ball and flatten with palm of hands.
  7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  8. Let it cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet before moving to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails