Talk about guilt. To satisfy my craving while staying within my calorie limit, I turned a cheesecake bar (stick) into a cheese"cake."
Confession #1: I over-baked the cheesecake....
So...I fibbed a bit. It's not a cheesecake, really, it's still a bar...the shape simply changed. Either way, it's light and delicious. It has about a 1:1 ratio of creamcheese filling to crust. It's awesome for a crust lover. I love the crust to death. It's not your traditional graham cracker crust, but a flour, sugar, and butter crust. Oh, you also have to adore vanilla. The vanilla aroma is intense! Mmmm...../swoons.
Confession #2: I went overboard with the plating.
Doesn't it look like someone died on my
Cheesecake Bar in Cheesecake Form
Adapted from Baking Bites
- 1/6 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half&half or light cream
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 to 1/2 of a vanilla bean (depending on how stingy you want to be)
- 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line pan with parchment paper or grease it. I used a pie pan for my cheesecake bar.
- Cream sugar and butter until fluffy and smooth.
- Beat in flour and salt until crumbly. Press mixture into the pan evenly.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Combine sugar, half&half, and cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and flour.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for 23 to 26 minutes until set.