Sunday, June 30, 2013

Since you've been gone...[Mango Yogurt (Mango Lassi) Popsicles]

OH SNAP?! An update! What is my excuse? I have none. I simply stopped making this blog a priority. I also haven't been producing anything in the kitchen, which doesn't motivate me to update. However, this weekend is special...

My sister is on vacation and she has been begging me to update since my last post. She "claims" to be my biggest fan because she checks for updates daily. Excessive, no? I decided to finally update so when she returns home tomorrow, she'll have something to look forward too. I miss her dearly and I can't wait to catch up with her.

This is a simple summer frozen treat. My favorite kind of recipe. No effort, but results in big flavor. Let's get started...



Mango Yogurt (Mango Lassi) Popsicles
Makes 4 small popsicles

Note: This is a versatile recipe. I made 3 types of popsicles. (1) Only mango. (2) Mango with 1/4 cup plain yogurt for a mango lassi taste. (3) Alternating layers of mango with yogurt sweetened with honey. I didn't make mine very sweet since the mango was sweetened. I bought a can of sweetened Alphonso mango pulp from an Indian grocery store.

Ingredients
1 cup mango pulp, sweetened
2 tsp lemon juice
3 TBSP water
2 tsp rum or tequila (optional)

Directions
  1. Mix mango pulp, lemon juice, water, and rum/tequila until smooth. (If you wish to make mango lassi popsicles, add in 1/4 cup plain yogurt. Add more sugar to taste if you have a sweet tooth.) 
  2. Pour into molds and allow it to freeze overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails