Tuesday, May 1, 2012

No Sugar Challenge

My Last Bite of Sugar. Nooooo!
Beginning today, May 1, I'll be starting my No Sugar Challenge. I don't know how I am going to fare since I am a sugar addict. I live and breathe sugar. At least it will force me to get creative with savory dishes, which is one of my weaknesses. I don't find savory dishes inherently pretty to photograph, but hopefully I'll develop skills in the next 31 days.

There's only one rule and it's very simple: Do not eat any dish or product with added sugar.
This includes white granulated sugar, brown sugar, agave nectar and honey in any food that I make or eat. This means I can't put sugar in my coffee or eat foods where sugar has been added.

Exceptions
  • I can eat foods with naturally occurring sugar such as fruits.
  • I can drink juice, but only 1 glass. Any more than that, I am essentially consuming sugar.
  • I can use a pinch of sugar to flavor savory dishes. However, I cannot consume sugar based sauces.
My last sweet recipe that I'll be posting tomorrow.

Rhubarb Raspberry Pops

Love the Rhubarb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails