Sunday, March 4, 2012

There is no Pie. [Cherry Pie Bars]

"Stacey, dad has been looking for a cherry pie," stated my mom. I gave her a blank stare. "He noticed your notes on the table and it said, 'Cherry Pie' so he went looking for it.  He checked the refrigerator and the oven. He saw the Medjool dates on the table and noticed that it was listed as an ingredient on your notes."

Oh, my poor father. He shouldn't have been reading my notes, because there was no cherry pie. The recipe was referring to the Cherry Pie Larabar. I stumbled onto the recipe for it when I was reading Use Real Butter. It's the perfect solution for my after work snack while I commute back home.


Cherry Pie Bars
adapted from Use Real Butter

Servings: 6 bars

Ingredients
110g (3/4 cup) medjool dates, pitted
120g (3/4 cup) dried cherries (I used bing.)
95g (3/4 cup) unsalted dry roasted almonds

Directions
  1. Pulse cherries and dates until it turns into a gooey ball in the food processor. Put in a bowl.
  2. Pulse almonds into coarse bits. Add to the dried fruit and mix until ingredients are evenly distributed throughout. I mixed with a large metal spoon, but hands will work just as well.
  3. Press into an 8 by 4 inch pan and allow it to firm up in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove and cut  into 6 bars. Wrap with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails