Monday, March 15, 2010

Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern

I finally read Gluten-Free girl by Shauna James Ahern. I thought I would enjoy the book, but it wasn't captivating. I was bored. It felt repetitive. And if you're looking for recipes, don't bother. (There are only a few.)

Don't get me wrong, I think she's a great writer. However, if you follow her blog already, this book will bore you. Parts of the book are cut/pasted from the blog. yes. I am being serious.

Bottom line:
If you're looking for recipes, stick to her blog.
If you're new to gluten-free girl, read the book to get to know her, then head to the blog for recipes.
If you already follow her blog, don't read the book.

P.S. I admire her as an individual--her positive spirit and creativity when it comes to adapting recipes to be gluten-free. She is also an amazing photographer and writer.

2 comments:

  1. A very honest review.... I'll hop over to her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna James Ahern totally sucks and has haters at www.bratfree.com register there to see the island subforum

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails