Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rice Pudding, How come you taste funny?

Since I've started blogging, I've become more open minded when it comes to trying new food. I suppose it feels hypocritical to call myself a "food blogger" when I don't want to expose my taste buds to new flavors and textures. Some things I've tried and enjoyed since starting this blog, include foie gras, raw oysters, and moonshine from Africa.

I can't say I regret trying new food, but there are some that leave a lasting impression. For instance, my attempt at rice pudding. I've heard great things about rice pudding so I was eager to try making some. I followed the recipe accordingly and didn't deviate from the directions. My finished rice pudding had a nice creamy texture.

 
Ohhh la la. Aren't you pretty?

However, as soon as I sampled my creation, my face contorted into a "wtf" face. Creamy sweet rice with flavorful raisins was not appealing to my taste buds. Despite not enjoying the dish, I will probably give it one more chance before I officially put it on my "I-will-never-try-it-again" list.

For those that are curious, I used this recipe.

 
Why do you taste bad? =(

1 comment:

  1. As a child I would often eat rice pudding. It was delicious with cinnamon and vanilla. I am not sure what went wrong with your recipe - that's too bad you had an unpleasant experience. I'm glad you decided to give it one more go before banning it forever! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails