|Parmesan waffles with a side salad.|
adapted from All Recipes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 TBSP white sugar
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl. Preheat waffle iron.
- In another bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Pour the milk into flour mixture. Beat until blended. It is okay if the batter is clumpy.
- Lightly grease waffle iron. Ladle in batter and cook until golden.
- It is not a very sweet or salty batter so the waffles can be made savory or sweet depending how on you choose to top it.
- The waffle is fluffy and light. However, it is not very crispy.
- Freeze leftovers in a ziploc bag for future snacks.