Sunday, October 10, 2010

Crash Hot, What?


I've been writing so many essays recently that I haven't found the energy or inspiration to blog. I hate it. I miss having all the extra time to bake, take photos, and write about what happened. All I do now is bake, bake, bake, eat, eat, eat, sleep, sleep sleep, school, school, school, work, work, work, see the b/f, rinse and repeat. I've been so horrendous at writing that it took me 3 weeks to respond to my sweet dear friend that lives on the other side of the globe. Shameful.

Today, I leave you with a simple delicious potato recipe.




Crash Hot Potatoes
Inspired from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
  • Potatoes
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt Salt To Taste
  • Black Pepper To Taste
  • Green Onion, chopped finely
  • Cheese
Instructions
  1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
  2. On a sheet pan, line it with foil and place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
  3. With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with olive oil.
  4. Sprinkle potatoes with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
  5. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes. Add the cheese and green onion and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and crisp up.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails